Based on the Shravana yoga that we are trying to practice with the help of reference material and discussions during our Bhagavatam Study Circles, we will have a discussion on it later through the week . To stay focussed I have put forward some questions to begin with. The more interactive the session, the better!
This is based on the 1st sloka of Sri Bhishma Stuti.. (in fact only the very 1st line :). Hack away at the answers.
Radhe Radhe !
1. When we take any kind of offering like fruits, flowers etc to a Mahan, how are we to offer them?
2. Despite having lost everything and his entire kingdom in the war with nothing left for him what did BhishmAcharya offer to the Lord?
3. Atithi Devo bhava- what does it mean?
4.” I knew this moment would come” – what is “this moment” that BhishmAcharya referring to? Explain the context.
5. What does mati mean? Name the 4 attributes?
6. Explain the fact – Kama is the root of all vices?
7. We were warned of caution in the “path of devotion”. What should we be cautious of?
8. Quote the sanskrit word from Bhishma stuthi that means “free of any desire”